3.22.2011

Eleven Years Ago

Eleven years ago today, Randy and I went on our first date. It was a lunch date at Ruby's Diner in Yorba Linda. I can remember it like yesterday; he had chicken fingers and I had a grilled chicken salad. When we went to say "goodbye," I asked him for a hug. It's not those details that I remember so vividly, but rather the fact that I knew that I loved him and hoped to be his wife.
I was 19 years old then, and less than a year and a half later, I became his bride.
I never thought of myself as the type to be married so young. In fact, before I met him, I had no intentions of getting married, until I finished college and was well into my career. God transformed my heart completely. Randy was like no man I had ever met. He was the kindest, most humble, God loving man, and I could not help but fall so deeply in love with him. Not to mention he was so CUTE too!
This summer we will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. Sometimes, it seems like just yesterday we became husband and wife. Other times, I can not remember my life without him. Over the last eleven years we have shared together much love, laughter, sorrow, joy, heartache, and God's amazing grace. I am so thankful that God has given me such a beautiful man to experience life with, and I look forward to what God has planned for us.

                   photos by Melissa of Gartner Photography. www.gartnerphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment