9.08.2011

The Bravest Family I know

 "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

                              Martin Luther King Jr.Strength to Love, 1963
We will all face challenges over our lifetime. Whether we choose to face those challenges head on with a positive outlook, or allow them to negatively influence our perspectives, defines our character. This is why I think of Charlie and his parents' to be the bravest family I know. Charlie has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. DMD is not what defines his life. When I think of Charlie, I think of strength in integrity, love of laughter, and beauty in character. Charlie is only fifteen years old, yet I admire him so much.


Below are a few pictures from our family vacation this summer. Oh what a special time we had, and this in particular was an evening I will never forget.


 







 




No comments:

Post a Comment